Earth Day: Earth Day is an annual event to support environmental protection on April 22. It begins in the United States in the year 1970 as a contradiction to the harmful effects of industrial expansion on the environment. The event was very influential and it gave rise to strong environmental laws and regulations in the form of the formation of the Environment Protection Agency and the Clean Water Act in America and Endangered Species Act.
In the last several years, Earth Day has emerged as a worldwide phenomenon and these days it is celebrated in more than 193 countries. On this day, people marched with signals and appealed to the legislators to allow policies that can protect the environment.
Also, Read: Happy Easter Images 2020
Happy Earth Day 2020
The day is used to educate people about the knowledge of environmental activities. Knowing potential ideas and plans for a better environment for the welfare of the people is much better. Therefore, to provide the resources available to the people for the future, limited resources should be used according to their needs. There are so many themes available for people to encourage and provide knowledge about the environment and they are as follows.
World Earth Day Themes
- Them for the World Earth day in the year 2018 is “End Plastic Pollution Countdown to April 22”.
- The theme for the World Earth day in the year 2017 was “Climate Literacy and Environment”.
- The theme for World Earth Day in the year 2016 was “Trees for managing the Earth Resources”.
- The theme for the World Earth Day in the year 2015 was “Green Earth, Clean Earth with Wonderful World of Water”.
- The theme for the World Earth Day in the year 2014 was “Cities of Greenery”.
- The theme for the World Earth Day in the year 2013 was “Change in the Face of the Climate”.
- The theme for World Earth Day in the year 2012 was “Earth Mobilization”.
- The theme for World Earth Day in the year 2011 was “Make Air Clean”.
- The theme of World Earth Day in the year 2010 was “Decrease”.
- Source:- https://www.iaspaper.net/world-earth-day/
Earth Day History & Facts
Earth Day Network, which established Day, organizes various topics every year to make people aware and aware by the knowledge of environmental activities. History of the Equinox Earth Day (March 20)
In this year 20019, The Day Network is asking people to join the Protection of Species campaign. With this campaign, their main objective is to educate and to accelerate awareness of the rapid tracking rate of destruction of millions of species and the causes and concerns of this incident. At the same time, to bring new policies to protect them and to create new habitats for endangered species.
Earth Day Facts
- Every year Earth Day is celebrated on 22nd April to increasing awareness about Earth, issues, and problems.
- Earth Day was formed by three Key Peoples Peace activist John Mcconnell, U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson, and Chief organizer Denis Hayes.
- The First Earth Day was celebrated on April 22nd, 1970.
- Earth Day Flag is Dark Blue displaying a photo of Earth Taken by NASA.
- In 2009, the United Nation renamed Earth Day as “International Mother Earth Day”.
- Air Pollution, Acid Rain, Ozone Layer Depletion, Water Pollution, Climate Change, and Global Warming are the Major Environmental Problems Today.
- Our Planet is currently losing over 15 billion trees each year, that’s 56 Acres of forest every minute.
- Global Warming has raised the Earth’s Average surface temperature about 1.5 F.
- Through the Canopy Project, Earth Day Network Works on the Ground to Strengthen communities through Tree Planting.
- Each Year more than 1 Billion Peoples participate in Earth Day Activities.
- Source:- https://nbpostgazette.com/earth-day-history-facts-theme-posters-and-significance/
There are many resources to handle and manage a better approach for people to provide a better environment for raising the younger generation. World Earth Day is used to make many people aware so that they can know about environmental damage and create a clean and green environment to live in it.
It is important for people to provide accurate knowledge and preventive remedies using only the necessary resources for essential work. People should reduce the use of plastic bags to reduce soil pollution as well as reduce soil pollution. To save the environment, people should put new trees in their house or on the side of the road at any place. People should put their garbage in the trash which is nowadays inserted on the side of the road or on any platform. Happy Easter Day.